Open Call For Documentary Photographers
Are you a documentary photographer? Do you want to get your project published?
DEADLINE: April 29th, 2021 (Don’t miss out!)
The Benefits of Being a Published Photographer?
- For most aspiring and professional photographers, having a photo in a magazine is the ultimate goal.
- When you do have your photos published in a magazine with premium quality paper, it can give a great boost and a feeling of pride. It also helps confirm that you are on the right track when your online submissions get accepted.
- A reputable publication can expose your image to a lot of well respected and admired people already working in the field.
- Being formally educated usually helps, but with us you don’t necessarily need a Master’s Degree in Photography – Docu Magazine is looking for creative minds from diverse backgrounds.
- A great benefit of print publication is that it can’t be changed or removed. A published photo is in that issue forever.
- Anyone can start a blog or Instagram account, but a print magazine is a print magazine.
- Usually, a published photo will get you some income (for example, we are working with a couple of our published photographers with print sales, teaching webinars and workshops online etc.)
- There’s potential for future commissions.
- If you don’t get paid right away, there is always the chance that the published photos could lead to more work in the future.
- It gives you a photography goal to work towards. Some photographers have a goal of getting published in 6 magazines per year. And others goal is 10 magazine publications and 2 gallery exhibitions per year. What’s your goal?
- Freelance photography is a lonely business. Usually you have to generate ideas for shoots alone. A successful photography submission to a magazine requires focus on great storytelling. Here you can test if your storytelling skills are on point.
- What is better networking than getting published in a magazine with other talented photographers? You can contact your new friends and perhaps collaborate with new projects.
- Yes, we know this is a stereotype but usually an artist is not the best salesman in the world. Having your work published is a great means of marketing yourself. Let us do the marketing for you, so you can focus on photographing your projects.
- Imagine your video interview being published in our Instagram? Who’s the champion now?
- Being published positions you as an industry expert or leader.
- Publishing your work through visible sources helps others to learn.
- Magazines, journals and galleries can make your work more discoverable, as they are already being read and visited by circles of industry experts.
Docu Magazine: Vol 2. Issue 3. Mar. 2021
Docu Magazine: Vol 2. Issue 2. Feb. 2021
Docu Magazine: Vol 2. Issue 1. Jan. 2021
Docu Magazine: Vol 1. Issue 6. Dec. 2020
Docu Magazine: Vol 1. Issue 5. Nov. 2020
Docu Magazine: Vol 1. Issue 4. Oct. 2020
Docu Magazine: Vol 1. Issue 3. Aug. 2020
Docu Magazine: Vol 1. Issue 2. Jul. 2020
Docu Magazine: Vol 1. Issue 1. Jun. 2020
Magazines can be shipped to the following countries and territories:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe (French), Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Reunion (French), Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Barthelemy, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, Virgin Islands (British).